There are many resources on the Enneagram. Here are a few I have found to be a trustworthy resource and especially helpful:
The Road Back to You: An Enneagram Journey to Self-Discovery, by Ian Morgan Cron and Suzanne Stabile
- A great introduction to the Enneagram with focus on each of the 9 types
The Path Between Us: An Enneagram Journey to Healthy Relationships, by Suzanne Stabile
- One of the best Enneagram books out there. Information on how the different types interact with each other and what is important information to know about others, especially those you are in a close relationship.
The Wisdom of the Enneagram: The Complete Guide to Psychological and Spiritual Growth for the Nine Personality Types, by Don Richard Riso and Russ Hudson
- Excellent Resource on all that is Enneagram. It is written for those who want an introduction to different facets of enneagram such as wings, strength, security, sub-types etc. It doesn’t go into depth about each topic. I have a concern about his information about unhealthy behavior going into a pathological diagnosis.
Discovering The Enneagram: An Ancient Tool a New Spiritual Journey, by Richard Rohr and Andreas Ebert
- This book was written in 1992 and was the first book I read about the Enneagram. It is a good introduction, however, there have been many written since then that are probably better. Note: Anything that Richard Rohr writes is golden. He has written several very good spiritual books.
The Enneagram Made Easy: Discover the 9 Types of People, by Renee Baron and Elizabeth Wagele
- Easy to read, simple yet effective way to get introduced to the 9 types
My Best Self: Using the Enneagram to Free the Soul, by Kathleen V. Hurley and Theodore Dobson
- Written in 1993, it has the best information on the stances and they give a helpful explanation on the 3,6,9 having the same center of intelligence as dominant and repressed.
The Spiritual Dimension of the Enneagram: Nine Faces of the Soul, by Sandra Maitri
- One of the best books written on the spiritual dimensions of the Enneagram
Enneagram Transformations: Releases and Affirmations for Healing Your Personality Type, by Don Richard Riso
- A small book with affirmations which are applicable to each type
The Everything Enneagram Book: Identify Your Type, Gain Insight into Your Personality and Find Success in Life, Love, and Business, by Susan Reynolds
- A pretty good “Enneagram for Dummies” type book
Enneagram Spectrum of Personality Styles, by Jerome Wagner
- An older book, 1996, which is rich in bullet point type writing designed to help you understand your behaviors. It is good for self-discovery work.
The Complete Enneagram: 27 Paths to Greater Self-Knowledge, by Beatrice Chestnut
- This is an advanced book that goes into detail about subtypes and all 27 different paths. It can confuse those who don’t have a really good understanding of the Enneagram
Becoming Conscious: The Enneagram’s Forgotten Passageway, by Joseph Benton Howell Ph.D.
- A valuable spiritual guide to growing in consciousness and finding your true self. It is an excellent resource with a wealth of information.
Finding the Birthday Cake: Helping Children Raise Their Self-Esteem (Let’s Talk Book), by Elizabeth Wagele
- Children’s book for age 6-9 which is also beneficial and fun for adults. A birthday party is planned in 9 different viewpoints
The following books are written for therapists, coaches and spiritual directors, however, they would be beneficial to anyone who wants to learn more about the Enneagram.
The Enneagram Field Guide: Notes on Using the Enneagram in Counseling, Therapy and Personal Growth, by Carolyn Bartlett
- Carolyn Bartlett is a therapist who used the Enneagram in her practice. She offers valuable insights into her clients reactions and needs according to their number along with understanding how her number effects her as a therapist
The Enneagram: A Private Session With the Worlds Greatest Psychologist, by Simon Parke
- This is written in the first person with the “World’s Greatest Psychologist” being the Enneagram
Deep Coaching: Using the Enneagram as a Catalyst for Profound Change, by Roxanne Howe-Murphy and Don Richard Riso and Russ Hudson
- Excellent information about coaching (or counseling) with the Enneagram. She gives great detail about each number using the iceberg model
Enneagram Institute (Don Riso and Russ Hudson)
Life in the Trinity Ministry (Suzanne Stabile and Joe Stabile)
The Enneagram Journey (Suzanne Stabile)
Suzanne Stabile, Master Enneagram teacher and author
The Narrative Tradition (Helen Palmer and David Daniels)
The Enneagram in Business (Ginger Lapid-Bogda)
The Enneagram and Life (Dr. David Daniel)
Enneagram at work (Peter O’Hanrahan)
The enneagram spectrum of Personality Styles (Jerome Wagner)
CDs and Mp3s
I have ordered several different CDs by individuals who are experts in the understanding of the enneagram. I have not been impressed with many other than Suzanne Stabile’s CDs.
A list of Suzanne Stabile’s CDs and Mp3s can be found on the following websites
Susanne Stabile https://www.theenneagramjourney.org/
Susanne Stabile and Ian Cron https://theroadbacktoyou.podbean.com/
These are older podcasts (2017) and are no longer being recorded, however, you can still subscribe and listen to them, good info